WHERE DOES IT COME FROM ?

I have this friend, Rob, he´s an american. He lives somewhere in Maine, I believe
(I have to look it up). We met through a "social" music site : www.stereofame.com
We upload our music there and get comments from other people, in fact is quite interactive and you get to have exchanges and know quite interesting people, and very friendly, judging by their comments.

Recently, I made a comment to Rob about one his music pieces and commented on the fact that -it seemed to me, anyway, - that his music was so much different to what his personality showed me through his well articulated comments. A collected person, honest about the comments he made on various subjects.

He answered my comments and I felt that perhaps he was intepreting my initial comments to be demeaning of his ability as a music composer. To dispel that idea, which never entered my mind, I wrote to him as follows :


Thanks, Rob, after I wrote those lines the subject remained in my head and I thought ! Oh my God I hope he doesn´t have to feel apologetic about his music,
quite the contrary - I said to myself - he should be grateful to be true to his inner feelings, ´cause music is that, in my view, is the emotions let loose, the hopes and wishes wandering at large in secret hope to find an echo, a response...is what all musicians look for, a response,a desire to make others feel something they are trying to express. Music therefore, to me is, the person´s inner self, is the wild beast that resides in our hearts and souls...music, it´s not intellect at work ..is emotions at work. Music is an emotional component of man, intellect and self control can be the controlled, objective, articulate component of that
very same person that composes wild or even unearthy music..... voila !!!
I was born speaking spanish , castillian spanish they call it, but somehow I feel that english offers to me anyway, a better way to express valid and objective ideas, there are a lot of things American that I value and admire which I learned during my 30 years almost, working and living in the Big Apple, among other places. There are other American traits that I do not like..but I will have America, as a packae, like a person, with its faults and virtues... cannot separate one from the other...I hope this answers your question, Rob.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directorios De Blogs